2018 Award Recipient
The business plan must include answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a self employed jewellery designer or metalsmith?
- Why do you want to launch your career at Made You Look?
- How are you going to get started? What are the first things you are going to do?
- What is going to set you apart from other designers?
- Are you filling a specific need with your product? Target market? Price points?
- Describe your work ethic. Are you self motivated?
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- Do you have a marketing plan? Name? Business Cards? Logo?
- Have you had any experience selling your work? Have you done any shows or created custom designs for clients?
- Briefly describe the jewellery you make, equipment needed and techniques.
- Do you plan on creating a production line, limited production, one-of-a-kind work, commissions or something else?
- What is your interest with regard to the metal community at large? Where do you fit in the jewellery community?
- Do you have a loan or financial backing that will help you get your business off the ground?
- Made You Look is an open studio environment where your success is everyone’s success. As a new designer your business will be able to develop more quickly with the help of the designers around you. In order to create balance in an environment like this, what do you think you can offer the studio or individual designers in return?